SEO Tutorial 2019: How To Optimize Your Content
Everyone wants more traffic to their website. In this basic 2019 SEO tutorial we are going to cover how to write blogs posts that gain attraction by optimizing them to rank on search engines like Google, Yahoo & Bing!
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is exactly how I’ve generated all of my traffic to my sites for 7 years now. I don’t like to pay for clicks that don’t convert.
If you implement the SEO strategies I’ll share below they will WORK harder than you do.
First of all writing for search engines to recognize and people to read is an art.
The key to a website, blog post or page is ranking. Google rankings, that is. Your ultimate goal is to get every blog post or page to rank on page 1 of Google. Sure there is Yahoo and Bing but Google is the queen of all search engines.
SEO Tutorial & Tips:
7 Basic Steps To Writing A Blog Post That Ranks:
1. Make sure your keyword phrase is in your permalink. i.e. the keyword phrase for this post is – SEO Tutorial 2019 & the permalink is https://daniwalker.com/seo-tutorial-2019. You see the keyword phrase: SEO tutorial 2017 in the blog post link.
2. Include your exact keyword phrase in the title of your post or page. i.e. SEO Tutorial 2019: How To Optimize Your Site Content
3. Have the keyword phrase in two Headings in your blog post. Choose Heading sizes 1-6 and have a variation of your keyword phrase in each heading.
NOTE: SEO used to depend on exact keyword phrases but search engines have the ability to “think” now so using variations of your keyword phrase in your copy is better for search engine optimization in 2019 than using the exact phrase over and over.
Ha! Did you see what I just did there? If so, comment below with an explanation and I’ll give you a free 30 minute Brand marketing consultation.
4. Have your keyword phrase in the first sentence and last paragraph of your content.
2019 SEO Tip: search engines like Google really like longer posts so make the content valuable and try to include variations of your keyword phrase 1-2%. Example: Your post should be a minimum of 500 words and include pictures, or videos (for people). If you have a 500 word post, you ideally want a variation of your keyword phrase in the content 6 to 10 times or 1-2%.
I have clients who write 3000-5000 word posts that are full of valuable information for their target market. As long as the content of the post is valuable, the longer the better.
To get SEO tips 5, 6, & 7 watch this video on how to write optimized blog posts.
This is a basic SEO tutorial on how to write blog posts but many miss the mark on these key factors. More in depth SEO tips include, external & internal links, how to link, updating content & finding ideas for new content. I’ll be offering step by step info in my SEO – Need To Know course, launching Jan 15th 2019 for a whopping $17 bucks!
Be sure to subscribe to get more free tips and tricks on how to build your online brand & be 1st to get the SEO – Need To Know course!
BEFORE YOU GO....
- Too busy to bother with all this stuff? Contact me and let's take a load off so you can do what you love most, build your dream and live your bliss.
- My newest and most complete tool for all things internet marketing CHECK THIS OUT it's everything you will ever need and more in 1 complete package. Plugins, landing pages, advertising, funnels, design, etc.