Our diets have changed. We no longer prepare meals at home with whole ingredients. We go out, eat fried foods or buy pre-made “fake” food, as I call it from our local grocery store. Our children don’t even know what REAL food is anymore. All the lines have crossed & we consider boxed, microwaved, instant meals a staple diet & our bodies are literally SCREAMING at us to pay attention & change the way we eat!
High Cholesterol has a high price tag: $13.6 Billion
According to Forbes Cholesterol drugs like Lipitor and Zocor cut the number of heart attacks by a third and are the drug industry’s biggest moneymakers.
OK, just in case you missed this, these 2 drugs are the pharmaceutical industry’s BIGGEST moneymakers! So my question is this… If they are making a fortune prescribing cholesterol meds, do you think they want us to prevent ever having high cholesterol? Of course not. This is big money for huge Pharma companies that provide Universities around the world “grant” money to study natural ingredients that lower cholesterol, so they can “buy” the rights & synthesize a drug, then get our Dr.s to prescribe it to us, for the REST OF OUR LIVES.
One of the most recent examples of this is Resveratrol – a natural ingredient in red wine, directly linked to heart health. After several years of amazing scientific research, GlaxoSmithKline spent $720 million dollars & bought the rights to synthesize this ingredient so they can then make a fortune on the “fake” resveratrol drug.
It gets worse:
Oxycholesterol is the new & could be the most destructive form of cholesterol yet. This cholesterol was identified, by the Chinese University of Hong Kong, in fried & processed foods. Americans staple diet, should we pay attention?
“Our work demonstrated that oxycholesterol boosts total cholesterol levels and promotes atherosclerosis [“hardening of the arteries”] more than non-oxidized cholesterol.” Zhen-Yu-Chen, PhD.
So What can I do? You may ask. Well, first of all you can eat more raw & real food. Unprocessed, organically grown, preferably from heirloom seeds.
Listen, I understand the business of life, I have two kids and run 3 businesses, live in the same area as my Mother, Grama, Aunts etc. We ALL have the same amount of time in a day & there are more days than not when I wonder how I am going to find the time to pack lunches & make dinner. It is a commitment and a Pervasive Wellness concept – to eat healthy & pass this on to our kids – the future generations.
Time Saving Tips to eating healthy:
1. Always have a bowl of fresh, organic fruit on the counter. I have always done this, it is a great, a ready made & healthy snack.
2. When you cook, make it count. If you have ever heard the expression, “We could feed an Army” that is what it looks like when I cook. Make the most of your time and whip up the largest batches of spaghetti sauce, soups, casseroles, bread, etc. Then freeze them for future use.
3. Have a night a week that is leftover night. Every Summer, my Sis & would go visit our Dad and we would do this once a week. It was great, we just “cleaned out the fridge” of any leftovers! These are some of my favorite meals.
High Cholesterol Supplements I recommend: Scientifically proven, Super-saturated Food supplements
1. Eternity– liquid trans-resveratrol, quercetin, catechins
2. Supra Omega 3’s – 3 sources of mercury free omegas – krill, fish & algae
3. FuCoyDon– active ingredient fucoidan
Look forward to many more posts on Cholesterol. This is a pervasive illness we are dedicated to fighting through education, awareness & natural medicines.
“Let thy food be thy medicine & thy medicine be thy food.” Hippocrates
Sassy, classy and kick a$$y Marketing Muse with a passion for living life well. Author/Creator: Education Beats Medication Wellness Series & My Money My Vote Ambassador. I help solopreneurs build their online brand with less stress & more success.